[xmonad] tabbed and the way the new decoration framework works

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Jan 30 06:16:42 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 11:50:30AM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> There is a price to pay. If we want the decoration framework to be
> independent from the layout framework, we can decorate only windows
> returned by a layout.

just to show you (I already did btw) what I are getting by paying that
price: this is a vertically reflected floating layout:

http://gorgias.mine.nu/xmonadShots/floatingReflected.png

if you want to see a reflected tabbed (before Spencer patch), just let
me know.... layout/modifier/combinator composbility is a neat feature,
but it is costly - tons of  code to remove.

andrea