[xmonad] darcs patch: Update to API change: LayoutClass.decora... (and 1 more)

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Jan 30 02:26:39 EST 2008

This adds a patch to update two other module.

I would like to elaborate a bit the reason of this change. All the
AlyoutClass are in the X monad.

A LayoutCombinator must implement a method for choosing which layout
to run. I believe that this method should be in the X monad too (this
is needed to implement a combinator like PerWorkspace): we may want to
inspect the state, or whatever for choosing a layout to be run, or for
running 2 layout together and combine their results.

When it comes to creating the combined description we may want to have
a look at the chooser. But we cannot because the chooser operates in
the X monad, while the description does not.

Actually I believe that's a bug, since I cannot implement a
Combinator. Either the bug is in the CombinatorClass or in the
description type. I think it is in the description type. But if
someone can explain to me that it is indeed in the LayoutCombinator
class I'm going to change the later, obviously.

Thanks,
Andrea

Wed Jan 30 07:48:29 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Update to API change: LayoutClass.decoration change its type

Wed Jan 30 08:17:52 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * CycleSelectedLayouts and TwoPane: updated to the new description type