[xmonad] darcs patch: Make Mirror implement emptyLayout (and 1 more)

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Jan 30 01:56:10 EST 2008

Hi,

the first patch is needed to have Mirror correclty implement
emptyLayout.

I believe that now Mirror should be reimplemented as a LayoutModifier.

The second one is needed because LayoutCombinators and LayoutModifiers
may need to look at the state or perform IO operation before producing
a combined/modified description. If we do not give them this method
people will start implementing again combinators and modifier as
layouts. Which means that everytime we change the layout
implementation we have to change modifiers and combinators too. I'd be
quite fed up with that...;)

I'm sendin the patch to xmc to be pushed together with this one.

Cheers,
Andrea

Mon Jan 28 01:18:34 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Make Mirror implement emptyLayout

Wed Jan 30 07:40:07 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * move LayoutClass.description to the X monad