[xmonad] The new decoration framework has been pushed

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Tue Jan 29 15:45:20 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 09:11:49PM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> I've also pushed the LayoutCombinator class. This is will make
> LayoytModifier(s) and LayoutCombinator(s) implementations totally
> independent from the Layout implementation.
>
> I'll write more extensively on that at a later time, also because I've
> already said quite a lot in previous messages.

just to give you the taste. this is the new impementation of the
simple Toggle I gave you before:

data ToggleLay a = TL Bool deriving (Read,Show)

instance LayoutCombinator ToggleLay a where
    pureChooser (TL b) = if b then DoFirst else DoSecond
    pureComboHandleMess (TL b) _ _ m
        | Just Togg <- fromMessage m = TL (not b)
        | otherwise = TL b

data TLay = Togg deriving (Read,Show,Typeable)
instance Message TLay

toggle :: l1 a -> l2 a -> CombinedLayout ToggleLay l1 l2 a
toggle = CombinedLayout (TL True)

Don? Did you see? there are always pure methods in EVERY class!!

cheers,
andrea