[xmonad] a floating gimp... what does 'floating' really mean?

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sat Jan 26 16:05:03 EST 2008

Hi,

i' just pushed some patches to my repository here:
http://gorgias.mine.nu/repos/xmonad-contrib/

among the one that adds a simple floating layout, based on the new
stuff I've been coding lately. See the gimp in action:

http://gorgias.mine.nu/xmonadShots/gimpFloatingAroung.png

there's no mouse interface so far, but you can move and resize windows
with the keyboard (which actually fulfills my needs...;).

To test it, just try my default configuration (you need xmobar I
think):

import XMonad
import XMonad.Config.Arossato (arossatoConfig)
main = xmonad =<< arossatoConfig

I'd like to add the fact that the real part of the SimpleFloat layout
is made up of 15 lines of code. Many of them could be removed by a
real coder...;)

Hope you'll enjoy.

Andrea