[xmonad] XMonad.Hooks.UrgencyHook broken?

David Chanters david.chanters at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 19 18:30:46 EST 2008

On 19/01/2008, Ricardo Martins <ricardo at scarybox.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:59:26 +0000
> "David Chanters" <david.chanters at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yet when chatting via pidgin, which would send such an urgency hook,
> > xmonad doesnt react to it.
>
> I had the same problem. I eventually figured I should check the default plugins and there was one which controlled the urgent events: Message Notification. There's a checkbox for sending urgent events to the wm. After checking that, everything was fine.

Ok - i did this and restarted pidgin, and still nothing.  Where would
the dzen bar appear?  i have other dzen instances running just fine.
if it matters, here's the relevant lines from my config:

statusBarCmd= "dzen2 -bg '#2c2c32' -fg 'grey70' -w 370 -x 0 -ta l -p -e ''"
main = do din <- spawnPipe statusBarCmd
          xmonad $ withUrgencyHook dzenUrgencyHook { args = ["-bg",
"purple", "-fg", "white", "-xs", "-1"] }
                 $ sConfig d

Certainly I see nothing on screen 1 --- should I?  And for how long,
and where?  I don't even know what I am supposed to be seeing.  :)

David.