[xmonad] Selective tabbed layout?

David Chanters david.chanters at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 19 17:55:42 EST 2008

I would like to say thank you to everyone who's helped produced such a
good window manager - and a tiling one at that.

My question is:  Can I keep the current (default) tile layout, and use
tabbed layout?  By that, I mean, let's say I have the following

A       C
B       E (FGH)

I'd want to select (somehow) window E to be in a tab, and then from
that, somehow spawn and/or add existing window to it, which are tabbed
(windows F, G, H).  The main thing here though is that the remaining
windows around window E are still tiled.

I know through the contrib stuff I can have both tabbed and tiled, but
not in the way I am describing above.  Is that possible?