[xmonad] darcs patch: Add WindowArranger a layout modifier to move and resiz...

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Fri Jan 18 14:45:40 EST 2008

Hi,

this is a follow up of my yesterday patch about a new floating layout.

This is a complete rewrite (so please forget the previous patch), with
a more general approach. Basically a layout modifier that will allow
you to move and resize windows in any layout (that returns a complete
list of windows).

As long as you do not modify the window geometry, the window is
managed by the underlying layout, but when you start moving/resizing
it, its geometry will not be influenced by the underlying layout
anymore.

The layout modifier can be turned off and on.

In a separate message I'm going to send a Diagonal layout, that will
place (overlapping) windows on the screen diagonal, while respecting
their original size: a floating layout, a would say, that can be used
with the windowArraner modifier.

While the layout is just a start, I believe this layout modifier
(WindowArranger) could be considered for inclusion in xmonad-0.6.

Any comment is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrea

Fri Jan 18 20:01:45 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Add WindowArranger a layout modifier to move and resize windows in any layout