[xmonad] Add systray support (to xmobar or dzen2)?

Kai Grossjohann kai at emptydomain.de
Mon Jan 14 05:13:15 EST 2008

I think it would be very useful if the standard bar had systray support,
for else it is difficult to get the position right.  This would mean
adding the support to dzen2 or xmobar, I guess.

I guess that most people will not have many icons in the systray, so
that the systray will be fairly short.  So I guess we do not want to
waste a whole screen edge for the systray.  Therefore the systray should
be on the same screen edge as the other informational windows, and this
means dzen2 or xmobar, for xmonad users.

And trying to position both dzen2/xmobar and stalonetray (say) on the
same screen edge is really difficult.

Kai