[xmonad] window decorations

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Jan 9 04:54:47 EST 2008

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 11:45:47PM +0100, Daniel Fischer wrote:
>  So my question: Is there already something allowing me to decorate windows
>  in XMonad? Or are there plans to implement such a thing?

yes and no... yes, there are the XMonad.Utils.XUtils XMonad.Utils.Font
modules which provide many useful functions for creating decorations
(look at XMonad.Layout.Tabbed and XMonad.Layout.DragPane for
examples), but basically these are just shorthands for xlib functions,
so you need to do all the xlib stuff by hand.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask even haskell/xlib questions here: it
may be possible that someone has some kind of answer.

Cheers,

Andrea