[xmonad] darcs patch: Config.hs: rm "Toggle the status bar gap... (and 3 more)

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:25:14 EST 2008

Mon Jan  7 11:17:16 EST 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * Config.hs: rm "Toggle the status bar gap" binding
  Per  my discussion with Roundy in the thread '[xmonad] automatically generating template xmonad.hs if it doesn't exist'. Not very useful: " I'm not too sure about this one. If you're using an uncustomized totally standard XMonad, are you also going to be using a status bar? More to the point, would you be using a statusbar *and* also be wanting to toggle on/off the status bar? (Which is what this does if I understand it.)"

Mon Jan  7 11:19:36 EST 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * Config.hs: rm dmenu and gmrun default bindings
  See previous patch: "I'm not too sure about this one. If you're using an uncustomized totally standard XMonad, are you also going to be using a status bar? More to the point, would you be using a statusbar *and* also be wanting to toggle on/off the status bar? (Which is what this does if I understand it.)"

Mon Jan  7 11:21:00 EST 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * Config.hs: rm 'refresh' keybinding
  See previous patches: "And how often does one need to manually refresh? We recommend using a good terminal emulator like urxvt, so that's that, and I can't think of any others that'd benefit. Does anyone actually use this often? Then it might be better for them to add refresh to a hook."

Mon Jan  7 11:23:57 EST 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * Config.hs: implement my suggestion to make 'n' bind to next window