[xmonad] automatically generating template xmonad.hs if it doesn't exist

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Jan 5 11:34:30 EST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, at 6:05 , Joachim Breitner wrote:

> We could be more bold, without overriding existing key
> combinations, and
> remap the CapsLock key (which most people don’t use) to a modifier key
> and use that per default. It’s what I’m doing :-)

If you remap CapsLock away in OSX (as I do) then it also doesn't work
(doesn't generate events at all) in X11.app. (It might be possible to
change this by telling X11.app not to sync keymaps, but judging by
the odd interactions I've seen in mouse event mapping I suspect this
would cause even more "interesting" behaviors.  :)

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu