[xmonad] automatically generating template xmonad.hs if it doesn't exist

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Jan 4 13:22:37 EST 2008

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 04.01.2008, 13:12 -0500 schrieb Brent Yorgey:
> Well, that's a good point. An idea to get around this easily would be
> to copy the template to a file called something different (e.g.
> xmonad.hs.customize-me) with a comment at the top saying to rename it
> to xmonad.hs .  I really can't imagine there will be many (if any)
> users that use xmonad without customizing it, though (?).

Well, the debian packages are laid out so that it’d be possible to
generate a custom xmonad binary package and only install that − for
example if you run xmonad on several machines, and only want ghc on one
of them. So there are corner cases where it might be useful.

The idea with the suffix is nice.

Greetings,
Joachim

--