[xmonad] can one create layouts with fixed height or width for windows

Mark Goldman bitshifter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 11:24:08 EST 2008

New to XMonad, and loving it.  Apologies if this has already come up
and been answered, but I haven't been able to find anything through
the usual suspects.

Editing code in terminals would be the main reason I want this, but
there are a couple of other apps that look better with their windows a
fixed size.

Is it possible, either through layouts or some other means to enforce
that the maximum width a certain window can have?  I don't mind if
there is a little wasted space on the screen, I really don't like
violating the 80th column, however.

Pointers and/or suggestions would be welcome.

-mdg

--
Our problems are mostly behind us, now all we have to do is fight the solutions.