[xmonad] New keybinding parser

Brent Yorgey byorgey at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:39:23 EST 2008

Hi all,

I've just pushed (what I hope is) an exciting patch to XMonad.Util.EZConfig.
It now exports a bunch of functions for parsing keybindings, emacs-style.
That's right, instead of typing

  ((modMask x .|. shiftMask .|. controlMask, xK_F12), action)

or other such boilerplate drudgery, you can now just say

  ("M-S-C-<F12>", action).

Submaps are also supported -- just do something like

  ("M-x p", action1)
  ("M-x q", action2)

and it does the right thing.  Detailed documentation is included, so look
there for a more thorough explanation and examples.  As always, comments,
bug reports, and patches welcome.

Enjoy!

-Brent