[xmonad] my proposal for a Xinerama safe PerWorkspace

Brent Yorgey byorgey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:10:26 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 03:41:45PM -0500, Brent Yorgey wrote:
> > Hm, this does not work for me.  All workspaces have the first layout and
> > never switch to the other one, even after opening new windows, hitting
> > mod-space, mod-shift-space, etc.
>
> can you please send me a sample xmonad.hs to reproduce your problem
> please?
>
> I can tell you that it is working for me with my config and any other
> configuration I've tried, but this is not going to help anyhow.

Oh! My mistake, it was because I was using 'withUrgencyHook' applied to my
config, which sneakily applies a LayoutModifier to the layoutHook.  I hadn't
noticed it because it was in a different part of my config from the
layoutHook, so I thought I had made onWorkspace the top thing in my layout
modifier stack, but it wasn't.  It works beautifully now.  And you're right
about runLayout, I take back what I said previously about Maybe Bool and so
on.  Although I still think 'False' would be a more sensible default than
'True', just on principle. =)

-Brent