[xmonad] my proposal for a Xinerama safe PerWorkspace

Andrea Rossato andrea.rossato at unibz.it
Fri Feb 22 16:05:12 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 03:41:45PM -0500, Brent Yorgey wrote:
 In
> and of itself this is not necessarily a big problem (although I find it
> slightly annoying).  However, because of this I must disagree with your
> decision to change Maybe Bool to Bool in the PerWorkspace data structure.
> Before runLayout is called, the only reasonable thing to do is show a
> generic description (such as "PerWorkspace") and pass all messages on to
> both underlying layouts, rather than use the wrong layout on some
> workspaces.

I'm wondering whether you read the right code:

    description (PerWorkspace _ True  l1 _) = description l1
    description (PerWorkspace _ _     _ l2) = description l2

there's not such a thing like a generic "PerWorkspavce" description in
my code.

Moreover, as I said, I did not port ModifiedLayout and David's
combinators. Maybe this is the reason why it is not working for you.
But I'm waiting a sample config for that.

Cheers,

Andrea