[xmonad] Issue 143 in xmonad: XEvent hook or similar needed

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Feb 22 13:29:32 EST 2008

Issue 143: XEvent hook or similar needed

New issue report by nomeata:

I've mentioned this a few times in the past, but I want this tracked here:

For proper EWMH support, I need a way to get XEvents (ClientMessage events
in particular) independent from the current workspace or layout, reliably,
and exactly once. This is logically equivalent to what we do to key events,
just that there is nothing the user needs to configure (besided enabling
the EWMH module).

I think the cleanest solution would be a new hook, similar to logHook, that
passes any received XEvent to interested modules.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium