[xmonad] Pointer follows focus (with patch)

Robert robreim at bobturf.org
Thu Feb 21 20:12:08 EST 2008

lithis wrote:
> On Sat, 2008/02/16 17:31:11 -0600, Spencer Janssen wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 12:26:18PM -1000, lithis wrote:

>>> I tried this, but the pointer warps too often: any time
>>> the
>>> pointer enters a window, it immediately warps to the
>>> specified position in the window. Also, the pointer
>>> warps
>>> any time the window title changes.
>>>
>> So check the pointer position first, if it is contained in
>> the focused window,
>> do nothing, otherwise warp to whichever position.
>>

> I could’t figure out how to do this. Could anyone who knows
> Haskell and X11 write a function that does this?

This is what my previous patch did. I don't know how feasible it is in
the context of loghook but the original patch may give you some idea.
I'm away on holiday right now so I'll have a look when I get back if you
don't get it working first.

Spencer: thanks for the suggestion; ideally I'd prefer it in contrib
too. If impossible in the current state I suppose I'll see how to make
it possible with minimal changes to the base code.