[xmonad] Issue 142 in xmonad: Tab selection and highlighting doesn't work as expected

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Feb 21 08:32:29 EST 2008

Issue 142: Tab selection and highlighting doesn't work as expected

New issue report by v.dijk.bas:
(Possibly related to issue 125)

When using the Tabbed layout the selection and highlighting of the tabs
doesn't work as expected.

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Switch to the Tabbed layout.
2. Open multiple windows.
3. Select a tab by clicking on that tab.
4. Move the mouse away from the tabs into the selected window.
5. Select another tab by clicking on that tab.
6. Notice that the selected window becomes active like you expect. However,
the selected tab is not highlighted as you would expect. In fact, if you
look closely, it is only highlighted for a fraction of a second after which
the previously selected tab is highlighted.

The real problem however is when you select tabs while your cursor doesn't
move out of the tabs region. Then, when you select another tab and then try
to select the previous tab (which is still highlighted) you won't be able
to select it. (This is quite irritating)

I'm using a recent version of xmonad and XMonadContrib from darcs: Thu Feb
21 2008

(I'm using a NoBorder LayoutModifier over my Tabbed layout. But also
without this I have the same problem.)

'Component-Contrib'

regards,

Bas