[xmonad] darcs patch: Fix issue #111

Andrea Rossato andrea.rossato at unibz.it
Thu Feb 21 04:17:30 EST 2008

Hi,

issue #111 is a real problem now that we have decorated layouts that
require a correct button event handling.

This patch addresses the issue. I don't know if you are going to like
it but at least it fixes the problems. If the core developers do not
like this solution, still I believe they should provide their own as
quickly as possible.

Hope this helps in getting this problem fixed as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Andrea

Thu Feb 21 10:02:20 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Fix issue #111

  The use of broacastMessage for sending button events to visible
  layouts conflicts with the possibility for those layouts of changing
  the windowset. This is possible with sendMessage, if the layout
  modifying the windowset doesn't return a new layout. This is how we
  handle mouse focus changes in decorated layouts.

  By generalizing sendMessage, we can use it to broadcast button events
  and let layouts in visible workspaces change the windowset as long as
  they do not update the layout.

  This fixes the problems reported in issues #111.