[xmonad] xmobar time stops when system clock turns back

Andrea Rossato andrea.rossato at unibz.it
Wed Feb 13 04:40:57 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 05:37:11PM -0500, Adam Vogt wrote:
> I guess that this place is the best to report this issue:
>
> You just have to set your clock back a couple seconds (or more), and the
> time display doesn't update immediately. Going forward is fine.
>
> I think that when you pass the time that is 'stuck' on xmobar, it sometimes
> starts updating again.
>
> Not that this is much of a problem, I think that it is still a bug, the
> workaround being to restart xmobar.

It's always a problem when the system times is brought back (since
that system is going to live twice the same moments - dovecot, my imap
server, is going to exit). But the xmobar behaviour is unexpected.

I think this is a bug that is deeper than one may think at first, and
it does not involve just the date plugin. Maybe something related to
STM?

I don't know and I need to investigate.

Since there are another few bugs I need to take care of, I opened a
bug tracker at code.google.com:
http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/

I hope I'll be able to fix it rapidly.

Thanks for your report.