[xmonad] dynamiclog broken with Decoration..

Andrea Rossato andrea.rossato at unibz.it
Mon Feb 11 02:56:48 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 07:37:44AM +0000, David Chanters wrote:
> On 11/02/2008, Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it> wrote:
> > Can you please elaborate a bit?
>
> ok, sure.  In normal 'tiled' layout when i switch focus, my dzen
> instance changes to show the title of the currently focused window.
> if i then switch to 'tallSimpleDefaultResizable' and change focus, my
> dzen instance no longer updates itself to reflect the current focused
> window - and only goes back to working when i change my layout back to
> 'tiled'

Sorry, but I cannot help with dzen. I'm using xmobar and I cannot
reproduce your problem as you can see here:
http://gorgias.mine.nu/xmonadShots/chantersReport.png

Here the focus changed:
http://gorgias.mine.nu/xmonadShots/chantersReport1.png

The window's name is given by the green text.

This means that DynamicLog is working and that the problem is
elsewhere.

As I said, the decoration stuff is totally unrelated with DynamicLog.

Cheers,
Andrea