[xmonad] darcs patch: Decoration: add a mouseEventHook methohd... (and 2 more)

Andrea Rossato andrea.rossato at unibz.it
Fri Feb 8 08:45:37 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 01:49:12PM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> > One more thing: now, when I start dragging I do not calculate the
> > distance between the mouse and the origin of the window, and so, at
> > first, the window origin will abruptly change to reflect the mouse
> > position. I know it's probably just a line of code but I didn't write
> > it so far...
>
> should be easy (but my first attempt did not produce nice results: the
> window jumped out of the screen... maybe something wrong with my
> math...;)

Maybe it is the easiest thing to do, maybe it is even impossible. Who
knows... I do not and I think I'll leave to those guys, here, who have
some memory of analytic geometry, because at the present time I'm
quite confused on the matter...;)

BTW, pushed. So now we have some basic mouse dragging support (with
that small initial jump, which makes xmonad such an interesting WM in
the WMs' world).

Andrea

ps: suggestions on how to implement mouse resize without having
to write tons of code are *highly* appreciated. :-)