[xmonad] The future of Decoartion

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Feb 6 16:58:52 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:51:01PM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 03:47:59PM -0500, David Roundy wrote:
> > I'm still confused.  What is it in my changes that you think could cause
> > this? I never touched the stacking order (so far as I know), so I don't see
> > how I could have had this effect.
> >
> > If I had some idea what you suppose I did wrong, that would really help.
> > I'm afraid I haven't time, though, to run and learn your windowArranger
> > code.
>
> If I get it right, in insert_dwr you are dropping windows whose
> rectangle is the same of previous windows' rectangles.
>
> In my simple floating layout two xterm will have the same rectangle
> (better, the second one will have the same rectangle of the first
> one), and so the second one will be dropped.
>
> If I get it right (sorry if I keep repeating this, but your code is
> rather concise and I may be getting it wrongly), you are supposing two
> windows must not have the same rectangle. And if they do, the second
> one must be removed.
>
> This is not working with my simple floating layout (and, I believe, is
> a wrong assumption).

That's correct, but I don't understand why it would break anything, since
the second window with the same rectangle is hidden by the first (except in
the case where the first uses the shape extension or you're using some sort
of true transparency effect that I'm not familiar with).
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics