[xmonad] New ideas [was: Trying to code jump-or-execute]

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs friedel at nomaden.org
Mon Feb 4 15:00:07 EST 2008

Sorry, I'm pretty new to xmonad and quite a bit confused:

David Roundy schrieb:
> How would combineThree ThreeColumns l1 l2 l3 differ from
>
> l1 *|** (l2 *|* l3) ?
>
> I guess one answer is that it may differ in how it sizes things when there
> are only two windows.

Uhm... I just tried to find a useful application of what you proposed
there and failed.

Maybe it helps if I try to be more concrete:

My current "dream" is to have a ThreeColumn layout, with the master
pane in the middle, which is automatically tabbed according to the
window group.

I don't understand enough of xmonad, its implementation and the
modules in xmonad-contrib yet to figure out how to do that now or in
the future.

--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel at nomaden.org>