[xmonad] Issue 132 in xmonad: We should have a convention for layout names

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Feb 1 21:12:13 EST 2008

mailing_list:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 05:41:15PM -0800, codesite-noreply at google.com wrote:
> >  Comment #1 by dons00:
> >  ' isn't very useful to non-Haskellers, but more regularity seems desirable.
> >
> >  So, add some text to the STYLE guide if you've something concrete to do here
> >  -- no need
> >  to open a ticket for it.
>
> I'm sorry, I thought that a track system was for keeping track of the
> activities that can must be done, and a place where a discussion on
> how those activities must be done can take place, while a darcs push,
> which passes over the head of everybody, is just an unnoticed
> authoritative decision.
>
> But I will use it only in response to reports from other, starting
> from now.

Its useful for bugs that need to be fixed. And things
we need to remember to do. If its just a style thing, we
can put that in the style guide.

But its a good idea not to pollute the bug tracker with
too many idle things, since we won't be able to manage
so many open tickets -- they'll just get closed.