[xmonad] Issue 131 in xmonad: We need a mouse interface to the decoration layer

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Feb 1 07:48:04 EST 2008

Issue 131: We need a mouse interface to the decoration layer

New issue report by andrea.rossato:
At the present time the decoration layer doesn't implement any mouse interface.

This is partially due to the fact that modifiers are not allowed to call
"focus window"): see the discussion in issue #111

But there is another problem: the interaction with the underlying
WindowArranger. Since the window arranger, which takes track of modified
geometries, is implemented purely, a possibility could be a message
interface system between the decoration modifier and the arranger modifier.

I need to collect some ideas on you to deal cleanly with this problem.

My starting idea, anyway, is to implement that interface in the
DecorationStyle class, with safe default methods, but the possibility of
users/developers to provide their own implementation.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: andrea.rossato
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium