[xmonad] Moving windows to a workspace based on their title / console applications in terminal emulators

lobzang at free.fr lobzang at free.fr
Fri Feb 1 03:29:08 EST 2008

Hey !

Indeed there is a bug.
I did a simple test :

1)with urxvt
urxvt -name icq
--> xprop says WM_CLASS(STRING) = "icq", "URxvt"
--> xmonad puts the window matching URxvt pattern , not icq

2)with xterm
xterm -class icq
--> xprop says WM_CLASS(STRING) = "xterm", "icq"
--> the window is placed in my icq workspace. Again xmonad seems to take only
the second class string to match

So for now you can probably use xterm...

Lobzang.