[xmonad] Issue 97 in xmonad: xmonad stops responding to keyboard input after running xscreensaver

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Dec 28 10:29:34 EST 2008

Comment #25 on issue 97 by greg.burri: xmonad stops responding to keyboard
input after running xscreensaver

I can reproduce it like that :
1. After logon pop two terminals (xterm for me) with two MOD-SHIFT-ENTER
2. Continuously switch between both by pressing MOD-TAB

After ~50 sec the issue will appear and xmonad will stop to respond.

If I comment theses lines from my config it seems the issue won't appear
anymore :
-- logHook = dynamicLogWithPP $ xmobarPP {ppOutput = hPutStrLn xmproc
--    ,ppTitle = xmobarColor "green" "" . shorten 50
--    }

My config is the same that the Step-by-step tutorial :
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Config_archive/John_Goerzen%27s_Configuration