[xmonad] announce: XMonad.Layout.Monitor

Michal 'vorner' Vaner vorner at ucw.cz
Mon Dec 15 09:09:36 EST 2008

Hello

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 01:06:58PM +0200, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:
> XMonad.Layout.Monitor is module for managing 'monitor' windows. Monitor
> windows are like dock windows, but they are placed above other windows.
> For example, see screenshot[1].
> 'Monitor' is layout modifier which shows monitor window above the tiled
> windows of current layout.
> Its features are:
> - works with unmanaged windows ( => it's trivial to get monitor on all
>   workspaces, plus monitor never gets focus)
> - toggling visibility with a keybinding
> - it's possible to have several monitors and toggle them independently
>   (using nested modifiers)

Sorry for responding so late, I didn't find time earlier. I want to
thank for this, I was missing something like this.

A also want to report it works for me well, with three separate monitors
on all viewports and with adding and removing real screens (with xrandr)
on the fly (but they are all on the primary screen, which is never
removed).

Just one question at the end: is it possible to start them hidden? Eg.
when the window is created, do not show it and let it wait there before
the monitor is showed?

Thanks a lot

With regards

--