[xmonad] two beginner's questions on XMonad config

Riccardo Murri riccardo.murri at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 15:17:39 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm new both to Haskell and XMonad, so please bear with me if these
questions are too much off-topic...

1) Since I have no modifier keys left on my laptop, and I'm an Emacs
user (which takes away many C- and M- keybindings), I'd like to bind
most XMonad actions with "C-z" as a prefix (using EZConfig).

Is there a way to bind a key so that "C-z C-z" sends a C-z to the
currently focused window? (Ratpoison has a similar feature for C-t)

2) Is there a variant of the Tall layout that does not resize the
tiled non-master windows, but just pile them aside so that the one
corner is visible and part of the window is offscreen?  (larswm has
this feature, called "tile_no_resize")

This would be useful for rxvt's, which tend to erase part of the
terminal after resizes.  Is there a way to flag certain windows so
that they are not resized?

Thank you very much in advance!

Riccardo