[xmonad] Re: Dropped patches

Justin Bogner mail at justinbogner.com
Sat Aug 30 23:43:56 EDT 2008

"Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH"
<allbery at ece.cmu.edu> writes:

> On 2008 Aug 30, at 2:55, Justin Bogner wrote:
>> That said, the behaviour I expect is that docks should be at the very
>> top or not visible at all, and never anything in between.
>
> This is often a configurable preference (see for example Windows' task
> bar).

Sorry, poor choice of terminology on my part. To be clear, I meant top
of the stacking order, not the screen. Now that I think of it though, I
think I've used a taskbar that had an option like "allow other windows
to cover the taskbar" at some point.

It seems that docks are a complicated beast indeed...