[xmonad] Issue 208 in xmonad: Focus on mouse enter seems racy with Xinerama

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Aug 29 17:44:13 EDT 2008

Issue 208: Focus on mouse enter seems racy with Xinerama

New issue report by tommi.virtanen:
I have a fullscreen mplayer playing on a second Xinerama head and
miscellaneous windows open on the main screen. Both heads are using a
ResizableTall layout.

It seems that if I move the pointer quickly from the main screen to the
screen with mplayer, focus stays where it was. I need to move the pointer
back, and then move it over slower, to get the focus on mplayer. It seems
reasonably hard to reproduce reliably, but has happened to me several times
within this movie.

It might be related to my main screen being 1680x1050, and the mplayer
being 1280x800. The mplayer screen is above of the main screen, so there's
an area on the right where the mouse can enter no mans land. However, even
if I move the pointer there first, the bug is only reproducible with very
fast movement.

I'm running Ubuntu Hardy's xmonad 0.7-1~hardy1, recompiled to support
Xinerama.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium