[xmonad] XMoBar: Waking up the kernel too often

Dominik Bruhn dominik at dbruhn.de
Fri Apr 18 12:54:29 EDT 2008

Hy,
I hope this is the right place to report an issue concerning XMoBar:
Even if you update the parts of the bar very seldom (say every minute), the
program itself wakes up every 0.1 second. This makes XMobar the "Top cause for
wakeups" in powertop and this keeps my cpu in C3-State and so it uses more power
and my batery last shorter.

It would be fine if xmobar would calculate the minimum needed delay for the
mainloop and use this instead of the fix value.

Please tell me what you think: Is it a bug and worth fixing?

Thanks
--
Dominik Bruhn
mailto: dominik at dbruhn.de