[xmonad] darcs patch: Shell.hs: getEditor/Browser changes (and 1 more)

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:30:47 EDT 2008

Thu Apr  3 18:38:12 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * Shell.hs: getEditor/Browser changes
  This implements the discussed changes. getEditor now defaults to testing $VISUAL, then $EDITOR. getBrowser tests additional variables, $X-WWW-BROWSER/$WWW-BROWSER. The fallback for getEditor is now emacsclient. Advice is added for Vim users to use gvim by default. The env function is generalized to getEnv on a list; particular thanks to allbery_b who basically wrote the new one - I certainly wouldn't've figured out that use of MonadPlus!

Thu Apr  3 20:57:02 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * Shell.hs: s/-/_/
  Per allbery, although I wonder whether XMonad can even build on systems using such old shells; also, we're not defining variables with hyphens but querying about them. But better safe than sorry?