[xmonad] darcs patch: Shell.hs: getEditor/Browser changes

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 3 19:09:42 EDT 2008

On Apr 3, 2008, at 18:57 , Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2008, at 18:41 , gwern0 at gmail.com wrote:
>> Thu Apr  3 18:38:12 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
>>   * Shell.hs: getEditor/Browser changes
>>   This implements the discussed changes. getEditor now defaults to
>> testing $VISUAL, then $EDITOR. getBrowser tests additional
>> variables, $X-WWW-BROWSER/$WWW-BROWSER.
>
>     rushlight:5001 Z$ export X-WWW-BROWSER=vi
>     export: not an identifier: X-WWW-BROWSER

Also, you haven't addressed the question of editors requiring
terminal windows, if I read the patch right.  At the price of
spawning a useless terminal when an X11-aware editor is specified,
you can prefix "xterm -e " to the selected editor (or, perhaps
better, use the existing terminal preference).

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu