[xmonad] [OT] background image

Michael F. Lamb mike at datagrok.org
Wed Apr 2 17:56:31 EDT 2008

> Another crazy idea: Running nautilus to show the desktop icons. Works
> just fine, it seems, I guess this section can be removed, or marked
> optional:
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Using_xmonad_in_Gnome#Disable_the_Nautilus_desktop

I think the section already implies that it is optional?

Anyway, I'd prefer the latter if you take any action on the wiki. I use
Nautilus for the file-management, not the desktoppy environment, and
it's infuriating every time I've forgotten to configure it appropriately
and it tries ungracefully to commandeer my desktop.