[Xmonad] darcs patch: make NewTabbed use InvisibleMaybe to hid... (and 3 more)

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Fri Sep 28 04:14:03 EDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 07:08:22PM -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 03:19:29AM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> > +    } deriving ( Show , Read )

no actually, I though I got removed by some mess (on my side) with
recording/pulling etc...

> > -                                                  return $ Just $ Tabbed INothin conf
> > +                                                  return Nothing
> I don't understand the bug that this supposedly fixes, but I'd say it
> introduces a bug, not the other way around.  With this change, we retain
> references to resources that have been freed, which is definitely not a
> good thing.

It was 3 and half in the morning and Spencer told me NewTabbed was
bugged since it did not respond correctly to SetLayout. I thought it
should be just my fault. But when I wake up, 5 minutes ago, I had a
flash back: we decided that after a ReleaseReasources I *must* return
a Tabbed INothin.

I saw that SetLayout got removed.

Andrea