[Xmonad] darcs patch: eliminate a few Eq a constraints in Stac... (and 5 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Fri Sep 21 17:25:14 EDT 2007

Hi all,

This is probably my last patch for the day.  It implements
layout selection in the class-based approach.  There's a bit
of hokeyness in the handling of the reading of a SomeLayout,
but the code is reasonably clean (in my opinion), and it
should be back up to the same feature set as xmonad 0.3, except
that layout state is preserved on mod-q.

I'm still waiting for some sort of agreement that this is a good
idea, before converting XMonadContrib (which will be a chore).

David

Thu Sep 20 17:01:43 EDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * eliminate a few Eq a constraints in StackSet.

Thu Sep 20 17:05:27 EDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * remove unneeded Ord constraint.

Thu Sep 20 17:28:43 EDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add (unused) Layout to StackSet.

Thu Sep 20 18:12:48 EDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * move Layout into StackSet.
  WARNING! This changes the format of StackSet, and
  will definitely mess up your xmonad state, requiring
  at minimum a restart!

Fri Sep 21 16:43:16 EDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make layouts preserved over restart

Fri Sep 21 17:21:59 EDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add layout selection back into core xmonad using LayoutSelection.
  This is just a reimplementation of LayoutChoice.