[Xmonad] Xinerama and mouse focus

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Sep 20 12:39:54 EDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 07:29:28PM +0200, lobzang at free.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I experience the following problem :
>
> - I logon to xmonad, my 2 screens are empty
> - the focus is on my first screen
> - I move my mouse over the second screen, then start a terminal
> => however the terminal starts on my first screen
>
> It seems to appear when I have an empty workspace.

I believe the trouble is that focus doesn't follow mouse onto empty
screens.  i.e. a screen only gets focus when a window on that screen gets
focus, or if it is explicitly given focus using a keyboard command.  I'm
not sure what I'd consider ideal behavior here.
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics