[Xmonad] [HUMOR] xmonad useless without programming skills ?

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Sep 14 19:48:41 EDT 2007

alextarkovsky:
> Don Stewart wrote:
> >> Runtime code modification is the only thing I admire about Smalltalk,
> >> and it's something I hope is practical in Haskell.
> >
> > Spencer has a possible architecture based on ghci, which would give us
> > zero-compile reloading, using just the bytecode interpreter.
>
> Good to hear. I'd be interested in using it in some of my own projects.
> Do you know if this will be a generic framework, or will it be tightly
> integrated into xmonad?

Its a generic architecture for mostly-native code Haskell apps, yet with
dynamic reloading. Its a reimplementation of the `dynamic apps from the
ground up' architecture described in the hs-plugins paper of 2004, where
the static core runs in ghci.

But we've got to play around with the code a bit first: its just an idea
for now.

-- Don