[Xmonad] i18n for XPrompt

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Fri Sep 14 14:46:06 EDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 06:57:25AM -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 02:23:52PM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> > I think we should just replicate the behavior of a command line: you
> > must manually escape characters, and I must take that into account when
> > splitting the string.
>
> Agreed (about replicating behavior of command line), but this means you
> *don't* need to manually escape spaces.  Try:
>
> cd /tmp
> date > hello\ world
> cat hel[HIT TAB THEN ENTER HERE]

I meant that you have to manually escape when you write:
date > hello\ world

When a completion is returned XPrompt should take care of escaping
spaces and quotes.

> Note:  I haven't looked carefully at the ShellPrompt module, but I wonder
> if it could call bash to do the completions, like DirectoryPrompt does
> (which does properly handle directories with spaces in them).

Yes, now ShellPrompt uses both compgen -A command and -A file but does
not handles multiple spaces in a path.

I'll take care of the problem.

Andrea