[Xmonad] [HUMOR] xmonad useless without programming skills ?

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Fri Sep 14 10:00:24 EDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 02:17:18PM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 10:56:34AM +0000, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Each time I try to update xmonad (from darcs), my Config.hs is broken. This is,
> > for me, the major drawback of xmonad. I do not understand any a line of Haskell
> > and thus I am lost after each upgrade.
>
> Well, there were some changes to Config.hs but the core developers
> seem quite committed in keeping the configuration file as stable as
> possible, so hopefully this should not be a major issue in the future.

But xmonad is also under rapid development, and has a long way to go (in my
opinion--keep in mind I'm not a core developer).  I'm sure once xmonad 1.0
is out, the config format will remain stable (apart from a hypothetical
development branch), but for the forseeable future, I can certainly forsee
changes to Config.hs, as we improve it--which is really a good thing for
Haskell newbies!
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics