[Xmonad] Non-English letters in XPrompt?

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Sep 12 06:41:11 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:29:30PM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> I think that the only viable approach is the one suggested by Mats:
> the use of locale technology. This requires importing with the FFI:
[...]

well, it's not quite over: we must also fall back to the present way
of printing strings when setlocale returns "", "C" or other stuff from
which we can deduce the user did not set the LANG environmental
variable...

It's a bit messy but that will force me to clean up the XPrompt code
(with a clearer separation of pure/IO stuff and possibly some more
QuickCheck properties, as Dons's recent publications suggest...;-)

I think it is worth the effort: after all it seems to me that a
(properly working) prompt is a nice extension.

Andrea