[Xmonad] Non-English letters in XPrompt?

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sat Sep 8 07:17:55 EDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 01:35:25AM -0400, Xiao-Yong Jin wrote:
> What else should I do to make the font showing the correct
> characters?

The problem cannot be solved with a configuration option I'm afraid.

I need to investigate it a bit further but I want to have this
encoding problem solved. I would like to know something about your
configuration: what locale are you using? are you using utf8 fonts?
Because the same happens here with utf8 and non ascii characters (I
didn't notice before because I only use ascii character for files'
names).

The fact that completions works (as you said) lead me to think it
could just be Graphics.X11.Xlib.Misc.drawImageString. Probably we need
XDrawImageString16, but I'm not sure yet.

Andrea