[Xmonad] Re: ANNOUNCE: xmonad 0.3

Geoffrey Alan Washburn geoffw at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Sep 5 11:48:05 EDT 2007

Peter Verswyvelen wrote:
> Looks really nice, but if I understand it correctly it is specific for
> X, so does not work on Windows?

I have not tried it, but in theory you should be able to use xmonad as a
window manager for X11 applications in Windows.  However, you cannot use
xmonad to manage Windows applications.  I have seen some interesting
customizations of window management in Vista, so it is conceivable that
if the correct hooks are available, and if the X11 portion of xmonad
were abstracted out, it would be possible to write an alternate backend
for Windows applications.