[Xmonad] Re: Switching workspace ...

Stefan O'Rear stefanor at cox.net
Mon Sep 3 23:05:12 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 12:20:33AM +0200, kg wrote:
> So, to do a 1 I must press on shift  then  '&'. Maybe , xmonad catch
> mod-shift-& and not mod-(shift-&) -> mod-1 .
> Is that I say is comprehensible ?
> If yes,
> Are you agree ?

I definitely recall this being the documented behavior of X keysym
bindings; it works with regard to *physical* keys, together with the set
of modifiers, but keyboard layout etc are ignored.  So your issue makes
perfect sense, and the correct fix is to chose different keys for those
bindings.  (Now if only we'd thought to ask for a photo of your
keyboard!)

Stefan