[Xmonad] Re: Switching workspace ...

Bruce Stephens xmonad at cenderis.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 12:55:41 EDT 2007

kg <kg2007.kg at gmail.com> writes:

> Bruce Stephens wrote:
>> Oh.  In that case I think if you have focus in workspace 1, and
>> workspace 2 is displayed in the other screen, then mod-2 ought to
>> change focus to the other screen.
>>
> mod-2 don't change to the other screen (or mod-1 !)

Don't know, then.  Unless your pointer can move slightly.  I use a
Wacom tablet and mouse, and it can move by a few pixels just because
of noise.

If the pointer is close to the boundary of a window, then sometimes
the focus can move unexpectedly, and with the old xmonad behaviour
that sometimes gave the effect you report.

I guess that might happen with other kinds of pointing device, though
I'd have thought it would be unusual.