[Xmonad] Re: Switching workspace ...

Bruce Stephens xmonad at cenderis.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 10:41:38 EDT 2007

kg <kg2007.kg-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
>> Ah yes, this is it. You're using the darcs version, which uses greedy
>> switching, it sounds like? The tutorial describes the window switching
>> used in version 0.2, which for Xinerama users meant more windows being
>> moved around than necessary.

> I don't use the darcs version, I use the stable version xmonad 0.2
> <http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/xmonad-0.2>

Oh.  In that case I think if you have focus in workspace 1, and
workspace 2 is displayed in the other screen, then mod-2 ought to
change focus to the other screen.

(Things can go wrong if you have a pointer which jiggles a bit, since
the pointer stays in the same place and may cause a window in
workspace-1 to regain focus.  But that shouldn't be a problem for
normal mouses.)